Week 1 (9/15 - for class on 9/22) – Deuteronomy 6:4-5 “Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord
is one. You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with
all your soul and with all your might.
A few reflections as I worked through the assignment this morning:
- I was surprised by the silence in my head. That is, I'm so poor at thinking hard about Truth that when I sat down to it, there was a lot of dead space in my thinking process. I'm so grateful to learn this skill so that I can follow a train of thought that unlocks the Truth and encourages me to stare at it.
- I was also taken back by how much I wanted to make the exercise practical. I desperately wanted to understand what immediate benefit I would receive from taking my time to do this. God himself was not enough. I wanted a more practical goal. Shame on me.
- As I moved through the exercise, I found my language went from thinking and writing about God to writing TO him. ('he' and 'him' and 'they' became 'you' and 'me') Pretty cool.
AD
No comments:
Post a Comment